Streamlight’s Sidewinder Boot is a durable and reliable hands-free flashlight engineered to take on even the toughest environments. In fact, every marine is issued a Streamlight Sidewinder in boot camp, which is a practice that the corps has been following since 2020.
Streamlight has ensured that the product is extremely tough and can handle the drops and bumps common in a boot camp. It is impervious to most types of superficial damage. The flashlight features an almost unbreakable gasket-sealed polycarbonate lens. Furthermore, the lens has been equipped with a strong scratch-resistant coating.
The Sidewinder Boot uses only a pair of AA alkaline cells and is also compatible with AA lithium batteries in case you may need to use it for a long time in harsh weather conditions. The battery compartment cap is hinged, so you don’t need to worry that you might drop and lose the cap during low or no light operations.
It has a multi-function push button switch for ease of activation. The battery polarity indicators are very clearly marked for rapid and easy installation, even in the dark.
Key Features of the Sidewinder
- The Sidewinder has a very durable clip that is fully compatible with both helmets and weapon rail mounts.
- Impact resistance tested up to one meter
- The battery polarity indicators are located outside the main housing for battery replacement, even in the dark.
- The light is shipped with a slide-in-place red filter
- It has an IPX7 waterproof rating. In other words, it can be immersed underwater for 30 minutes at a maximum depth of 1 meter.
- Tilt capable and easy-to-aim beam
- Ability to run continuously for 8 hours on high (55 Lumens) mode without overheating
- It can also run up to 90 hours on low (7 lumens) power
- Precision engineered to meet multiple hands-free illumination requirements
- Multiple lumen outputs and runtimes
- An extremely durable impact-resistant case that can easily handle all kinds of adverse weather conditions.
- Every opening in the flashlight is a gasket or O-ring sealed
The Streamlight sidewinder is a hands-free flashlight that is fully capable of surviving a USMC boot camp and subsequent service life afterward. If it is good enough for the marines, you may rest assured that it will be tough enough for you!
 As per Streamlight promotional videos.